Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) Loan Discharge

If you are unable to work because of a total and permanent disability, or are a veteran who is unable to work due to a service-related disability, you may qualify to have your federal student loans discharged. To learn more about TPD Discharge, eligibility requirements, how to apply or check the status of your application, please contact the Nelnet Total and Permanent Disability Servicer.


Phone: 1.888.303.7818

U.S. Department of Education
P.O. Box 87130
Lincoln, NE 68501
Overnight Delivery:
U.S. Department of Education
121 South 13th Street, Suite 201
Lincoln, NE 68508